Friday, 28 July 2017

Total War

Steam had a sale recently on Games Workshop games, one of which was Total War: Warhammer and associated DLCs. This is a title that's been on my wishlist since it was out, but was just a little more than I would usually spend on a game, so it has stayed there.

Feeling a little more flush than usual after my birthday though, I decided to pick it up and give it a go. It's a great deal of fun, and more than a little nostalgic. I started the Dwarf campaign, and then restarted it a couple of times until I worked out what was best to be doing. To be honest after getting so far this time a round, I think one last re-do would see me being a lot more successful having learnt from some mistakes :)

I'm also really keen, now that I have a vague grasp on the game mechanics, to try all the other factions. Possibly Beastmen/Greenskins next before Norse when the patch becomes available.

It seems to have come at a good time, where I'm still pretty shattered from performance week last week, and late nights/long days (plus the occasional beer after show...), and as much as I have wanted to get on with some assembly/spray coating (not that the weather permitted it really anyway), low maintenance/low effort computer gaming that was still wargame related was definitely a good option :)

Pretty quiet weekend apart from Saturday evening so hopefully this means some progress pictures at some point soon. Apologies for yet another text heavy post.

Thanks for stopping by
Lofty

No comments:

Post a Comment